Give a refreshing start to your weekend and enjoy the bounties of summer at the first ever Delhi Summer Festival, at Dilli Haat, Janakpuri.
Delhi Tourism is set to tantalise all with its first ever Delhi Summer Festival from June 24-26, 2016 at Dilli Haat, Janakpuri. The festival will be inaugurated on June 24 by Deputy Chief Minister, Delhi, Manish Sisodia.
The three-day extravaganza, courtesy Delhi Tourism, aims to make it easy for Delhizens to beat the rigours of summer with its delectable offering of unlimited summer fruits, delectable desserts, refreshing summer thirst quenchers and cold drinks and more.
The Delhi Summer Festival promises to not just be a visual and mouthwatering treat of mangoes and other summer coolers/sherbets/fruits, it will be a celebration of the scorching season in all its delicious nuances, flavours and fun. Indeed a great platform for foodies to meet, interact and pander to their taste buds. The festival will also showcase the cultural and culinary diversity of Delhi and the cultural importance of the ‘king of fruits’, mango, associated with Delhi. The event is also an attempt to buttress the National Capital’s standing as a perfect tourist destination during summers.
Things to watch out for
- Hangout, a unique Jungle themed family entertainment centre equipped with games and activities to keep the children engaged.
- 100 Hai Daam, Kitne Bhi Khao Aam: A unique initiative in which visitors have to pay only Rs 100 per entry and can eat as many mangoes as they can with no limit on time.
- Musical events and performances: Amateur clubs/bands/artistes performances are invited to participate in the event.
- Mango eating competition.
- Interactive classes on delectable recipes for yoghurt, sherbets, smoothies, condiments etc.
So what are you waiting for? Take some time out and enjoy with family and friends.
Summer Festival is on from June 24-26, 2016 at Dilli Haat, Janakpuri, Lal Sai Marg, Opp. Virendra Nagar, nearest Metro Station is Tilak Nagar